Different tack
Thursday, May 19, 2005
 
What happened to being innocent until proven guilty?
I soon will be a criminal. At least I must be since a new law in Washington state basically states that
I am buying, "potentially" up to $2000 in meth when I buy this OTC drug. What do I use? Drixoral.
A medication that I have used for 35+ years. So now, I will soon have to report to my parole officer
(pharmacist), at least twice a month to get my "fix". I will have to sign that I, and only I, plan to use this
for medication for my personal use. I can only get 20 pills or ten days worth of medication at a one time.
My usage will be tracked and recorded for the state and law enforcement use. I will have to show
ID and sign a form, every time I get more. And I will likely be investigated at one time or another
because someone will say something like;"Well, it seems to me like he had not been taking anything lately"

Now to put a little perspective on this, You can get more morphine from the same pharmacy at one time.
And I have yet to go and find out what hoops I will have to go through, if I am going out of the country
or overseas for more than 10 days.

I do not take this drug because I want to, I take it because it works. Like all drugs, my body is building
up a resistance to it. Plus, the side effects that come with taking any drug long term. Before you ask.
Yes, I have tried other medications, allergy shots, natural cures and other therapies. Most do not work
as well, as long or I have had adverse reactions to the them. (note: natural vitamin c found in most
"natural" vitamins are made from rose hips. Bad news, when you are allergic to roses.)

While I in no way support METH manufacturing or use. This new law is ridiculous. It makes me do things
a person with 5 DUI conviction's, does not have to do when buying alcohol. What is next? Yellow Pills
sewn to my jacket and shirts? Just when I thought that I lived in a country, where you were presumed
to be innocent until proven guilty?

PS: This law has been brought to you by DEMOCRATS. You know, the party that constantly states that
they are "looking out for your rights." In Washington state, there is a Democrat majority in both legislative
houses and the sitting Governor is a Democrat. And the original bill was proposed by a Democrat.
So I say, Thanks so much for protecting my rights.......not.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger